Make SDCard Reader Recognize into your hackintoshHello guys, This guide fixes built-in card reader for hackintosh. Now it doesn't matter either it is Realtek or Atheros doesn't matter any model. Anyone can follow this guide and make your card reader work.Follow the steps below carefully :
- Open Finder and Goto S/L/E (System/Library/Extensions) and look for
AppleStorageDriver.kextand copy this kext to
- Right Click in
Show Package Contentsand navigate to Contents > Plugin > Then find
- Right Click on
Show package Contents.
- You'll find
Info.plist, If you did find
Info.plistGoto Step 6, otherwise continue with step 5
- Some older mac version hides it's contents by default so we need to unhide the content so that we can edit. To do this open
Terminaland type the following command :
defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles trueand Hit Enter, then again type
killall Finderand Hit Enter into
Terminal, this will close the Finder window, close Terminal, then Again Follow from Step : 2
- Right Click on
Info.plistand open with Xcode or Plist Editor to edit an file.
Physical Interconnect Location> and then edit
Physical Interconnect Locationvalue section as
- Again find Vendor Identification and change value section to "Generic Reader by NoobsPlanet"
- Again find Apple_Internal_SD_Card_Reader_1_00 and edit sting value
idVendor, you can find
Product ID and Vendor ID informationin
System Infointo HEX value, so you need to convert it to Decimal Value. You can convert it online through binaryhexconverter. See the all image attached one after another in at the bottom of this post to understand.
- Again find Apple_Internal_SD_Card_Reader_2_00 and edit the string value
idVendorto decimal value. (Use the same decimal value we did in above step)
- Make sure you change value for
Physical Interconnect Locationon
- Save the edited file and Copy
AppleStorageDriver.kextand paste it into
/System/Library/Extensions/and replace the kext if asked.
- Open Terminal and fix permission and rebuild Kernel cache with following commands :
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Thank You!! Please if you get any confusion, error or any question then please feel free to ask by commenting below. Please don't mention about your other problem here.