Hello dear Kali Linux lovers and penetration testers!! This is very good news that now you can run Kali Linux from windows directly without software like Virtual Machines. As with other Linux distros, you can now download Kali Linux from the Windows Store. If this is your first time using WSL, be sure to enable the optional Windows feature from the guide below:
- Windows 10 16215 or higher (Check build from settings > System > About )
- Internet Connection
- Update your Windows 10 machine. (Start Menu > Type "Windows Update")
- Open an PowerShell as administrator (Start Menu > Type "Powershell") and paste the following command:
Rich (BB code):
Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux
- It may take an minute and once, done Type 'Y' without quotes and Hit Enter now your system will reboot.
- Once rebooted, open the Windows App store and search for the “Kali Linux” application, or alternatively click here to go there directly. You may need to Sign-in to Microsoft Account to download the application and Install the app and enjoy Kali!
- Click on Pin To Start to run Kali Linux from Start Menu later...
- Now, first time you run Kali will take little time and it will ask you for username, password, like image below, give your desired username and password, note (new users to Linux only): Typing in your password does not show in a terminal, just blindly type in your password and hit enter.
Also : Install Penetration Tools
For installing tools / tutorials on how to use, details guide are explained in Ubuntu & Kali Linux WSL Penetration Forums