- Download the Catalina from Appstore.
- Download the following attached files
AptioMemoryFix. (linked below)
- Unzip the downloaded file (double click) and it should have an extension with SSDT-EC.aml and AptioMemoryFix.efi
- Mount the EFI partition. (
sudo mount EFIfrom Terminal)
- Update Kexts such as Whatevergreen.kext, Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext (You can download latest kexts from our resources.)
- Copy and paste SSDT-EC.aml to
/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/and ApptioMemoryFix.efi to
- Once Catalina is downloaded from Appstore, goto Applications -> Double click on Install Catalina -> Follow onScreen Instructions.
- Mac will reboot now and in clover boot screen you'll see a new entry called "Install macOS Catalina ...."
- Select macOS Catalina and wait for completion.
- Once you're at the desktop restart the machine.
-> If you get kernel Panic with a circle with slash logo on booting then make sure you check above step 6. This may happen when you missing SSDT-EC.aml or ApptioMemoryFix.efi.
-> If you get "The macOS Installation couldn't be completed" message then hover your mouse to the top left corner and perform the click. This will show the hidden menubar -> Apple Icon -> Select Startup Disk -> Select your installed mac drive -> Restart. Follow Step 8 and 9 from the above instructions.
-> Sound not working? -> Update AppleALC.kext (mentioned on step 5)
-> Once Installation is complete your touchpad or keyboard might now work, just reboot and it should work again.
If you're planning to fresh install or planning to install Catalina to new machine then follow the following guide.
Introduction MacOs Catalina was just released in 7th October 2019. This is the major release by an Apple because the UI of Catalina is in 3 variant Dark, Auto and Light. You can install this OS in any laptop running Intel processor and assuming you've at least 8 GB of RAM. 4 GB RAM can also...
If this guide doesn't work for you then please let me know. If you have any problems kindly ask your problem with a brief explanation in the Laptop/Desktop forum.